By Zhenhua Zhou
A research on Globalizing Cities is the most recent masterpiece by means of Zhou Zhenhua, a recognized chinese language economist, who heavily tracks the theoretical learn of worldwide towns and is actively engaged within the strategic learn of Shanghai's development.
With wealthy empirical info and an in-depth research, this booklet is of serious theoretical and sensible value. various from reviews on international towns by means of popular western students, this booklet extends its standpoint to globalizing towns. It explores a distinct improvement version for China's globalizing towns via adopting an artistic perspective of statement and analytical tools. by means of criticizing that the conventional worldwide urban conception derives the good judgment kinfolk of worldwide towns at once from globalization, Mr Zhou places ahead the concept that of globalization urban, that is brought as a brand new intermediate explanatory variable. extra importantly, this publication emphasizes that the development of worldwide towns isn't just depending on the distribution of city house and concrete fiscal improvement but in addition on accomplished development of a number of buildings and services of cities.
- Literature Review
- Globalization, Informatization, and the switch of the area urban System
- Global urban Networks and Their Nodes
- Regions of worldwide towns: a brand new Spatial Structure
- Rise of worldwide towns: Prerequisite and Positioning Strategic Target
- Path Dependence of Globalizing Cities
- Relations of pageant and Cooperation in the course of the upward thrust of worldwide Cities
- Strategy orientated via move growth and Its improvement Mode
- Industrial Base of the best provider Economy
- Evolution of Spatial constitution of Globalizing Cities
- Creative towns and Cultural Creativity
- Systemic Framework of City's Governing Structure
Readership: Undergraduates, graduates, teachers, economists, urbanologists, sociologists, and municipal governors who're drawn to globalization and China's city development.
Read Online or Download A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes PDF
Similar globalisation books
Holistic, comparative research of a number of price range structures and contexts. more and more, governments needs to reply to the adverse affects of worldwide fiscal crises on their sales to finance wanted prone, and the cave in in their actual business and financial-banking sectors. How they reply such a lot successfully is a brand new learn sector which calls for sharing of classes among international locations on govt economic guidelines and function.
Walmart and "Made in China" are virtually synonymous; Walmart imports a few 70 percentage of its item from China. Walmart is now additionally swiftly changing into a tremendous retail presence there, with just about 2 hundred Walmarts in additional than 100 chinese language towns. What occurs while the world's largest shop and the world's greatest nation do enterprise with one another?
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Politik - Internationale Politik - Thema: Globalisierung, pol. Ökonomie, notice: intestine, Universität Salzburg, 15 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Diese Arbeit sollte der Frage nachgehen, inwieweit die aktuelle shape des Globalisierungsprozesses nach kapitalistischen Gesetzmäßigkeiten funktioniert.
China and India have gotten more and more influential, robust and admired international locations – yet what sort of states do their leaders and other people want them to turn into? Will they act and behave like significant Western entities or like whatever altogether assorted, for that reason altering the very nature of overseas affairs?
- The Struggle for the World: Liberation Movements for the 21st Century
- Cosmopolitan Global Politics: The Pursuit of a Humane World Order (Ethics and Global Politics)
- The Remaking of Social Contracts: Feminists in a Fierce New World
- The Fight for Ethical Fashion: The Origins and Interactions of the Clean Clothes Campaign (The Mobilization Series on Social Movements, Protest, and Culture)
Additional info for A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes
A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes by Zhenhua Zhou